Subscribe / Share

Subscribe Share/Save/Bookmark CONTACT me by e-mail at: earleydaysyet@gmail.com

Saturday 3 April 2010

Youi (@youi_insurance): better customer service rep screening required

Youi recommends Windscreen cover - just in case marauding African pre-teens hit the streets with hand tools. Apparently.

I decided to investigate Youi as an alternative to RACQ, now that I'm not working. 20 minutes on the phone, bingo, 50% off the RACQ cover.

Towards the end of the call, the consultant is offering me additional cover for my windscreen. He cheerfully explains that this will only cost me another ~ $1.50 per month, and that the cover includes all the car's windows, "so you're totally covered, whether it's a passing truck that's flicked up a rock, hail damage, or a little black kid with a hammer."

Sorry... or a what? You did NOT just say "black kid with hammer". Surely not.
so you're totally covered, whether it's a passing truck that's flicked up a rock, hail damage, or a little black kid with a hammer.

OMG. You totally did. You actually said that out loud.

I must have made some sort of noise, because he carried on with his spiel while I sat there with my mouth open, this little voice in my head going, "y'can't say THAT!"

I was going to ring someone, to say WTF?!?, but there's no head office number listed. So Youi, if your cyber-presence is up to it, please have a word with your dickhead employees.

-- Posted from my iPhone via BlogPress app