Subscribe / Share

Subscribe Share/Save/Bookmark CONTACT me by e-mail at: earleydaysyet@gmail.com

Saturday 14 August 2010

New 419 Scam

Nigerian scam emails are so common that I - and probably most - simply delete them & move on. The ones I do read are generally bad enough to make you wonder whether they've just picked random words and whacked them together.

This morning I received one that... well, it's a new one!


A title just off enough for me to open the email, while assuming it would be a scam.


Reverend Jerry Smith, a regular [American/Australian/English-speaking] guy from wherever you're from! Orphanage! Ghana, not Nigeria! Shipping costs! Legitimate purchaser with credit card! I have your email address but not your phone number! I'm a Reverend but I'm only semi-literate!

And again, if any native speaker of English takes this as an actual email from an actual person... Well, then you deserve to be scammed.

-- Posted from my iPhone via BlogPress app